Volunteers are a vital part of the caring atmosphere at Texas Orthopedic Hospital. Those who participate in the facility’s volunteer program dedicate their time, energy and overwhelming talents to assist patients and family members during their visit.
Volunteers find numerous ways to make each patients visit more pleasant. Whether they are offering refreshments or reading materials or delivering flowers, the volunteers greet each patient with a warm, genuine smile and a caring, giving heart.
Many of the volunteers at Texas Orthopedic Hospital initially learned of the Facility by being patients themselves. Sharing their personal experiences helps them connect with the patients they meet.
The Hospital offers an excellent program for both year-round volunteers (stay at home, retired, or part-time women/men) as well as a Junior Volunteer program for high school and college students. Early exposure, coupled with hands-on experience in a healthcare setting, encourages these young individuals to explore endless opportunities in the healthcare arena and enlightens them to pursue a career in medicine.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Junior Volunteer for the summer 2014. At the present time, we are no longer accepting any additional applications. We are presently reviewing those already submitted and will begin the interview process within the next few days.
*Junior Volunteer opportunities are available during the summer months to students minimum age of 17 years old. Positions are limited and require a commitment of at least 100 hours. A completed shot record must accompany your application with all immunizations current. The hospital does provide annual TB Tests at no cost to the applicant.
How do I become a Volunteer?
If you would like to make a difference by volunteering at Texas Orthopedic Hospital, please complete an application and either mail or fax it back to the hospital. You can obtain an application one of two ways:
- The Administrative Offices at the Hospital
- Download the form below and print it off at home
Download volunteer application.
- For seniors *The hospital is actively recruiting year-round volunteers.
- For juniors *Junior Volunteer hours are limited to summer sessions. The application process begins in the Spring.
Completed forms may be returned in person to the Security Desk or faxed back to 713-794-3580.
Are there any benefits?
- Meeting new people
- Contributing to your community
- Making a difference in the lives of others
- Bringing joy to our patients and visitors
- Free meal and parking per shift
- Annual volunteer appreciation celebration
- Annual hospital gala
In what areas do Volunteers work?
- Information Desks
- Radiology Waiting Room/Reception
- Pre-Admit Waiting Room/Reception
- Surgery Waiting Room/Reception
- Food & Nutrition
- In-patient Room Visits
- Medical Records
- Floaters (refreshment carts, floral deliveries, magazine carts)
- International Relations
- Surgery Recovery
- Complete application
- Participate in interview process
- Show a valid photo ID
- Pass a background check, drug screening and TB skin test
- Attend orientation & tour the hospital
- Wear designated attire & hospital badge during every shift
To learn more or to schedule a personalized tour and interview, email Karen Bard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Us!