The Office of International Relations at Texas Orthopedic Hospital specializes in recognizing and meeting the needs of individuals from abroad who seek medical treatment in the United States.
We understand there may be additional stress for international patients, which is why we promise to provide warmth, grace, attention to detail and the ability to listen.
Some of the personalized services we provide for international patients includes:
- Expertise in cultural awareness and language needs
- Physician-patient assistance and coordination, including interpretation, scheduling appointments, and conference calls to foreign countries
- Estimated costs and billing information, including payment facilitation and coordination with all billing offices (hospital, physician, anesthesiology, foreign insurance)
- Hotel recommendations
- Airport transportation assistance and city orientation
- Admitting and discharge assistance
- Patient and family visitation, and representation while patient is admitted
- Interpretation and translation services for more than 40 languages are available 24/7 through the Language Line
In addition, the Office of International Relations provides services for visiting physicians and affiliated institutions, including:
- Coordination of physician visitations
- City orientation
- Referrals to other facilities
- Letters of guarantee distribution
- Consultation and advice regarding cultural and foreign matters
- Communication and consultation between health institutions, embassies and other payors
From the first initial inquiry to admission, from treatment to discharge, the Office of International Relations at Texas Orthopedic Hospital strives to ensure our international patients feel at home while away from home.
For additional information, please contact:
Stephanie Rodarte, Coordinator of International Relations