Texas Orthopedic Hospital has been serving the greater Houston area since 1995, and has grown to become an international destination for patients seeking specialty orthopedic care. The majority of our orthopedic surgeons are members of Fondren Orthopedic Group, an association of physicians globally recognized for leadership in orthopedic medicine. Our physicians are internationally renowned, and many have completed fellowships in the subspecialties they excel in. As a result, patients at Texas Orthopedic Hospital receive precise diagnoses and the very latest in treatment options.
- Sports medicine
- Foot and ankle
- Hand and upper extremity
- Trauma and Ilizarov reconstruction
- Joint replacement
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Texas Orthopedic Hospital offers inpatient and outpatient procedures, and whenever possible, minimally-invasive techniques such as arthroscopy are utilized. Minimally invasive surgery has been shown to reduce patient pain and improve recovery time. It uses tiny incisions instead of large ones to and reduce the trauma to tissues in the area of the injury. Some of the minimally invasive techniques used at Texas Orthopedic Hospital include:
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip and shoulder arthroscopy
- Minimally invasive joint replacement
Our On-Site Services
We have a vibrant Total Joint Replacement program that features the very latest in implantation medicine and new surgical techniques; and our Spinal Diagnostic and Treatment Center excels in diagnoses, surgery, rehabilitation, pain management, and recovery.
Our comprehensive approach to orthopedic care includes the services of several on-site departments, including:
- Board-certified radiologists with fellowship training in musculoskeletal imaging
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and aquatic therapy
- Experienced therapists who specialize in gait/prosthetic needs for amputees
- McKenzie Method certified therapists (promotes the body’s ability to heal itself)
- Pain management
- Available at the Spinal Diagnostic and Treatment Center
- Team of spine specialists includes interventional anesthesiologists
While nothing is more satisfying than the care and attention we provide to patients, our awards and accreditations serve as testaments to our commitment to excellence. Texas Orthopedic Hospital We consistently and consecutively ranks as a “High Performer” in Best Hospitals for Orthopedics, and continues to be nationally recognized as a Top Performer of Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission.
Additionally, Texas Orthopedic Hospital remains within the top 5% for patient satisfaction throughout the HCA Corporation (our parent company); generally ranking within the Top 3 among the corporation’s 162 hospitals and 113 freestanding surgery centers in the United States and United Kingdom.
Restoring patients to a healthy lifestyle, and helping them recover to their fullest potential, is our priority. Our services are designed with our patients in mind - high quality, convenient, compassionate - all in one location at Texas Orthopedic Hospital.
Texas Orthopedic Hospital is partially physician-owned and partners with Fondren Orthopedic Group It is the largest and most comprehensive association of private orthopedic surgeons in the Houston area and one of the largest orthopedic groups in the nation.
Texas Orthopedic Hospital provides the following amenities to its patients and guests:
- 1 Complimentary visitor meal, per patient, upon admission
- ATM available 24/7
- Vending machines available 24/7
- Courtesy internet work stations
- Mail delivery Monday-Friday to patient rooms
- Floral delivery upon arrival
- Complimentary notary service for patients
- Courtesy phones throughout facility
- Optional valet parking