The Office of International Relations specializes in recognizing and meeting the needs of individuals from abroad who seek medical treatment in the United States. We have developed a comprehensive program that includes international orthopedic services, international patient services and international medical services. Together, these provide the support that patients need when seeking medical care in a country not their own.
We understand there may be additional stress for international patients, which is why we promise to provide warmth, grace, attention to detail and the ability to listen. We strive to accommodate cultural differences and make both our medical facility and interactions with staff considerate and appropriate for patients and their families. We offer a wide range of translation services and assist with logistics including travel and accommodations. We believe that at a time when health conditions and disease may create great anxiety for the patient and family as they seek international medical services, the matters involved in obtaining that care should be as easy as possible.
Our Services for International Patients
Some of the personalized, international patient services we provide for international patients includes:
- Expertise in cultural awareness and language needs
- Physician-patient assistance and coordination, including interpretation, appointment scheduling appointments, and conference calls to foreign countries
- Estimated costs and billing information, including payment facilitation and coordination with all billing offices (hospital, physician, anesthesiology, foreign insurance)
- Hotel recommendations
- Airport transportation assistance and city orientation
- Admitting and discharge assistance
- Patient and family visitation, and representation while patient is admitted
- Interpretation and translation services for more than 40 languages are available 24/7 through the Language Line
Our Services for Visiting Physicians and Affiliated Institutions
In addition, the Office of International Relations provides services for visiting physicians and affiliated institutions, including:
- Coordination of physician visitations
- City orientation
- Referrals to other facilities
- Letters of guarantee distribution
- Consultation and advice regarding cultural and foreign matters
- Communication and consultation between health institutions, embassies and other payors
From the first initial inquiry to admission, from treatment to discharge, the Office of International Relations strives to ensure our international patients feel at home while away from home. Providing international orthopedic services, international patient services and international medical services is the beginning of our care for international patients.