Your elbow is a complex mechanism comprised of bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage. It is essential for nearly every daily activity.
Treating injuries to this area of the body requires highly trained specialists. The orthopedic surgeons affiliated with Texas Orthopedic Hospital have the skills and expertise to repair a wide range of elbow trauma and injuries, including:
- Tennis elbow and Golfer’s elbow
- Capitellum OCD
- Biceps or triceps tendon tear
- Radial and ulnar nerve compression
- Elbow trauma – dislocation and fracture
- Elbow arthritis
- Contracture release
Elbow Surgeries and Treatments
The surgeons at Texas Orthopedic Hospital are board-certified and fellowship-trained in the following elbow surgeries and treatments.
Tommy John Surgery
Otherwise known as UCL reconstruction, this surgery replaces a torn ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) inside the elbow with a tendon taken from another part of the body, such as the forearm, hamstring or big toe. UCL tears can occur from repetitive stress on the ligament and cause pain and looseness in the elbow. The surgery restores stability and range of motion to the elbow allowing patient to resume their previous levels of athletic activity.
A minimally invasive technique, elbow arthroscopy involves creating tiny incisions through which a small camera can visualize the area to diagnose and treat a number of conditions, including arthritis, tennis elbow, stiffness, elbow fractures and loose bodies in the joint.
A partial or total elbow replacement may provide relief from inflammation, pain and instability caused by conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis or severe fractures. During elbow replacement, a surgeon replaces the elbow with an artificial joint made from two implants that attach to the bones in the arm. A metal and plastic hinge joins the implants together.
Trust your elbow to the specialists—the highly-trained orthopedic surgeons affiliated with Texas Orthopedic Hospital, the majority of whom are part of the globally-renown Fondren Orthopedic Group.
Texas Orthopedic Hospital is recognized for quality orthopedic care. We rank in the Top 5% in the Nation for patient satisfaction, as measured by Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). We've been named one of Healthgrades' America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™. And we're consistently recognized for ensuring patient safety.
Awards & Recognition
- Top 5% in the Nation as measured by Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS)
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Hospital Compare program five-star rating in both quality and service (2020-2023)
- Best Specialty
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement™ (2021-2023)
- Ranked #1 in Texas for joint replacement (2022-2023)
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ (2015-2023)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement (2015-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement (2008-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement (2008-2023)
Becker's Hospital Review
- 100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs
- "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" (2012-2022)