Whether you are a 'weekend warrior' or a professional athlete, if you've been impacted by a sports injury, we can help.
Sports injuries typically affect the musculoskeletal system - muscles, bones and tissues, including cartilage. They can either be acute (occurring suddenly) or chronic (ongoing, usually as a result of overuse).
Sports injuries can occur on any part of the body but most commonly involve:
At Texas Orthopedic Hospital, we treat all types of sports injuries, including:
- Overuse injuries
Our patients receive the latest and most effective diagnostics and treatments available in sports medicine. If your injury or condition necessitates surgery, you can take comfort in knowing that the skilled surgeons at Fondren Orthopedic Group employ the very latest surgical techniques.
Sports Injury Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation is a vital part of getting athletes back on their feet. The sports injury rehabilitation team at Texas Orthopedic Hospital employs the latest sports injury rehabilitation techniques, using a team approach to ensure optimal recovery.
Texas Orthopedic Hospital provides several sports medicine-related services, all under one roof, including:
- Diagnostic imaging
- Physical, occupational and aquatic therapies
- Multi-disciplinary and licensed staff, one-on-one treatment
- Unique rehabilitation techniques
- Hand therapy
- McKenzie Method, an effective system that encourages patients to take control of their own treatment. Our McKenzie Method therapist is certified in this precise system of assessment, diagnosis and treatment of back and extremity pain
Sports Medicine Specialists
Texas Orthopedic Hospital specializes in orthopedics and are a leader in sports medicine. Consistently recognized for quality of care, patient satisfaction and patient safety, we rank in the Top 5% of hospitals in the nation for patient satisfaction, as measured by Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). And we've been named by Healthgrades as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery.
Awards & Recognition
- Top 5% in the Nation as measured by Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS)
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Hospital Compare program five-star rating (2016-2017) in both quality and service
- Best Specialty
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement™ (2016-2017)
- Patient Safety
- Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2013-2019)
- Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety for 7 years in a row (2013-2019)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety for 6 years in a row (2013-2018)
Becker's Hospital Review
- 100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs